- 1 can chickpeas
- Bunch of kale
- 1 lb of Brussel sprouts
- 1 garlic clove – chopped fine
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tspn black pepper
- 1/2 tspn of cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- Sprinkle of dulse
- Drain the can of chickpeas. Place on baking tray and dry roast.
- In the meantime chop your kale and shred your Brussel sprouts.
- In a skillet/frying pan, heat your olive oil and fry your garlic for about a minute. Then add the kale and sprouts and wilt them whilst stirring them (around a couple of minutes).
- Remove from heat and add your lemon juice, peppers and then mix in your roasted chickpeas. Serve with a sprinkle of dulse or other favoured sea vegetable seasoning.
Variation: use baked mackerel and shred it and then add this instead of chickpeas if you are preferring a non-vegetarian option.
(c) 2015 Elizabeth Plant
I’m a massage therapist and holistic health coach. Find out more about me at my website here http://www.springtimeholistics.com